Friday 9 February 2018

The big smoke.....

A quick trip to the city for a concert .......

As we were coming down from the mountains into the city the moon was rising..........see just there to the left near the tree.....sorry about the pic but we were driving in on the freeway so its a quick snap but OMG it was huge and stunning..........
As we were going down I brought a coupe of old sewing machines on ebay............the pick up was Annandale...............I have the best friend and she drives me everywhere in the city..........especially if we find some nice little cafe to have breakfast too........but she reminded me we had been to that suburb before to go to a quilt shop............OMG she is the best friend...........I had forgotten about Quiltsmith.............

Liked this fabric pack.........it was a starter kit for a quilt...........was so tempted to buy it............

I was inquiring about octagon papers and the lady at the shop brought out this quilt she has been making..................its different to what I am doing but I love it..........

This is a quilt they had in summer school..........really liked it too...............
So much choice of fabric at Quiltsmith
I was so overwhelmed with choice I just got some shirtings..............
I've had my eye on this book for a little while.............
So then since we were so close I asked my girlfriend if we could go home via Material Obsessions.............
the shops are very different which is great..........

I spied Kathys new range "Horizons"
I had seen a few quilts made with this fabric online.............
this one was hanging behind the counter.............

I had seen Racheldaisy's quilt on her blog.............but it was great to see it in person.................

So I just had to buy a little bit of fabric to bring home with me................
windmills, magpies, barb wire, gum leaves and blossoms, emus............
so great to see an Aussie range grasping our bush..........
Well done Kathy...........

I have a few ideas in my head but I think I need a little solid fabric to match...........

As for the concert..................it was great.......Red Hot Summer tour at Bella Vista Farm............Lots of good old bands...........Suzi Quatro was a head line act and OMG she was great.............If I have her energy when i am 67 i'll be so happy............she was fantastic and did not stop the whole time she was on stage............
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue......

24 comments:

Jo said...

Great buys, sounds like a fantastic concert.
What are feiends for..

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky wow you had a wonderful trip to the city,thank goodness for special friends they are worth their weight in gold.I am so loving the fabrics you bought cant wait to see what you do with them. Suzi was down our way a week or so ago ,glad you enjoyed the concert xx

Jeanette said...

Love the shirtings. Glad you enjoyed the concert. Hugs,xx

Elyte said...

Always much more fun with a friend.

Fiona said...

Fun times..... brave friends, good food, music and fabric..... sounds good to me!
Hugz

Jenny said...

Looks like you guys had a brilliant time. I love the quilts and fabric especially the magpie ...

Cheryll said...

I very much enjoyed your trip too... thanks for taking me along...xox

Wendy said...

Looks like you had a great time! And all that lovely fabric...

Wendy said...

Looks like you had a great time! And all that lovely fabric...

jude's page said...

Some lovely fabric in your photos, glad you enjoyed the concert, and love the magpie fabrics too.

Susie said...

Wow - what an adventure. When I read the title of the blog post I thought it was a fire! Boy, you packed in some fun didn't you. I hadn't seen many of the fabrics on sale in the either of those shops but I had heard of them. I must remember that if I head to NSW again in the near future. Love all that fabric.......

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like a wonderful day out -- what fun to go to two great quilt shops!

Susan said...

I loved Quiltsmith when I went there - would love to get to Material Obsession one day.
Long way for a concert but obviously worth it.

loulee said...

Well, that looks like a fantabulous day out!!

Steffi said...

Was für ein schöner Tag, davon müsste es viel mehr geben!
LG Steffi

gracie said...

Well you certainly had a good time.....

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh what fun! If I could visit any shop in the world (beam me up Scotty) it would be Material Obsession! The funny thing is I use mostly reproduction fabrics, but I just love Kathy's whimsical ways and her fabrics are delicious. I am so jealous that you have seen Rachaeldaisy's quilt in person. I keep saying "someday". I'm just hoping she will enter a quilt in a US show sometime. Yum!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Anthea said...

Holy wow Chooky! Love all those fabrics pics & your purchases are great too... And the concert, woo hoo!!

Helen said...

Such a fabulous day, love all the photos and your fabrics. The concert looks great.

Näh Yoga said...

great fabrics, especially Kathys newest fabric line. Suzi was one of my favorites when I was 20 ( and that´s about 38 years ago ...)

CountryMum said...

I'm with you - don't get rid of the windmill. Ours has never been connected since we bought the place some 28 years ago but I would never get rid of it. Husband wanted to sell it a few years back and wouldn't let him.

Anita said...

My first time to Quiltsmith was with you and your "friend who drives you around the city" lol. Concert sure looked like fun!

kiwikid said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip to the city.

Diane-crewe said...

so glad you had a good time x stunning picture of the sky x